Monday, July 11, 2011

What's all this?

Some time ago, I decided to create a blog.  Now I'm almost a year older and I've only made 1 measly post.  Aha! When you sit in the computer, many times you don't know what to write.  Maybe I just need to make it a habit to just sit down and start typing.  For now, I suppose if I were to truly believe that my life was awesome, I should start sharing what I've been doing in my life yeah?


The last weekend was absolutely fantastic:

Friday:
Met up with a few friends for Korean BBQ.  Had lots of fun and I don't think I ate too much in the process. It's interesting how friends end up in your life.  When you really think about it.  People enter your lives in different but very significant ways.  Some people charge in, some people ease their way in, and then some people you beckon in.  Funny...right?  Dinner was fantastic.  I can remember the first time we had dinner, conversations were hard to strike up and even then it was fairly uneasy.  This time, we were so comfortable with each other.  I've moved them into my friend's circle on google+



Saturday:
Six Flags Magic Mtn, I must say makes me appreciate Disneyland a lot more.  In terms of service, I cannot even begin to explain how much they fall short.  Every year, I must complain about the darn lockers that they FORCE you to use, otherwise you can't ride.  Disneyland gives you little pouches to put your stuff in, and Knotts gives you little cabinets to put your stuff in.  Six flags makes you pay pretty much a dollar for every ride you ride on, especially if you have women who need to carry around essentials at all times.  Pretty stupid stuff. Last year, they decided to charge a dollar every time they had a souvenir cup refill, but looks like they changed that.  As bad as that sounds, I think everyone had a really good time on Saturday.  There were some kinks in between, but all-in-all it was very fun. 


The Guys [minus me]

The Gals [minus Cheryl]

It was pretty hot, but I suppose it could have been worse

When Goliath broke down

Goliath broke down a bit, but with some fervent praying, God jump started it back up.  Wahoos!  X-2 was our grand finale, and it seemed to have been an excellent choice.  The night time thrill of well...almost dying was absolutely amazing, and I'm sure some of us will be talking about that for a while.  It was fun everyone.  Thank you for them memories. 

Sunday:

Les Misérables at the Ahmanson's theatre was a brilliant production.  The story line as we might have expected is....quite grim but provides such a heartfelt inspiration and probably the first theatrical [professional] play that explores a dark but connectable reality that many of us can understand.  And while I'm not a classical theater buff, or an avid reader in classics that these derive out of,  I feel like this wasn't my favorite but was definitely one I enjoyed.  Above the phantom of the opera, but below Wicked.  

It was nice having everyone there.  We had so much fun! 

Group picture :D


No comments:

Post a Comment